Big Soft Pretzels
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water -- 110F
- 2 egg -- beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 cups Hot Roll Mix
- 1 egg -- beaten
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
- Blend in 2 eggs and oil.
- Add 5 cups Hot Roll Mix.
- Stir well.
- Add more Hot Roll Mix to make a soft dough.
- Knead about 5 minutes, until dough is smooth.
- Roll dough into ropes about 1/2 inch in diameter and 18 to 24 inches long.
- Form into pretzels. For sticks cut dough into 5 to 6 inch lengths. Place on prepared baking sheets. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with salt. Bake immediately 12 to 15 minutes, until brown and crisp.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer