- 10 ounces won-ton wrappers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup carrots -- peeled and grated
- 1 head bok choy -- chopped
- 1 whole onion -- chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts -- chopped
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1/4 cup green onions -- chopped
- black pepper -- to taste
- In wok, combine ground beef and pork, carrots and onions.
- Cook over medium heat.
- As meat begins to brown, add remaining vegetables, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Continue cooking until vegetables are tender and liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Combine cornstarch with rice, wine and 2 tablespoons cold water.
- Season meat with pepper and green onions.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Place one teaspoon of filling into center of a won-ton wrapper.
- Moisten edges with water, fold four corners into center and seal.
- Place each won-ton as it is finished on a plate covered with damp towel to prevent drying. Continue filling until all wrappers are used. Fry in hot oil on each side until lightly browned. Drain and serve.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer