Maryland Chicken Cakes
- 2 lb Chicken legs
- 1 c Cracker crumbs
- -(the original recipe calls
- -for saltines, I used whole
- -wheat crackers)
- 1/3 c Reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 c Sliced scallions
- 2 tb Lemon juice
- 1/2 ts Salt (I substituted garlic
- 1 tb Vegetable oil
- Poach chicken (should take 15-20 min.
- or until the meat is no longer pink near the bone).
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove skin, pull meat off bones, and tear into fine shreds (should be around 3 C.
- ) Mix together chicken, 1/2 C.
- cracker crumbs, mayonnaise, scallions, lemon juice, and salt.
- Form into 8 patties (1/2" thick) and coat with remaining crumbs. Heat half the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook cakes 2-4 minutes per side, adding remainder of oil if necessary.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer