Andouille In Comforting Barbecue Sauce
- 4 C Onion -- finely chopped
- 1 C Celery -- finely chopped
- 1 C Bell Pepper -- finely chopped
- 1 C Parsley -- finely chopped
- 1 C Peanut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic -- minced
- 3 C Steak Sauce
- 1/2 C Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 C Southern Comfort
- 1 lb Andouille Sausage -- cut up
- Saute onions, celery, bell pepper, and parsley in peanut oil until the onions are clear or tender.
- Add garlic and cook a little longer.
- Add steak sauce, hot sauce, and ketchup.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add Southern Comfort.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook for 2 to 3 hours.
- Makes about 3/4 gallon.
- This will keep in the refrigerator for weeks.
- Slice 1 lb. andouille or smoked sausage 1/4 inch thick and combine with 1 cup sauce. Heat well on stove or in a chafing dish. Serve with small pieces of French bread or use teethpicks to spear andouille.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer