STEAMED OYSTERS WITH BLACK BEANS
- 12 Oysters, freshly shucked on
- -the half shell
- 2 ts Fermented black beans,
- -rinsed and drained *
- 1 tb Soy sauce, low-sodium
- 1 tb Shao-hsing wine, * or dry
- 1 1/2 ts Sugar
- 1 tb White vinegar, distilled
- 2 tb Chicken stock, or canned
- -low-sodium broth
- 2 ts Oriental sesame oil
- 1 tb Peanut oil
- pn Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tb Red bell pepper, minced
- 1 sm Scallion, green part only,
- -thinly sliced
- Place the oysters on a large heatproof dish.
- Divide the black beans evenly and place atop each oyster.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, wine, sugar, vinegar, chicken stock, sesame oil, peanut oil and white pepper.
- Distribute the mixture over each oyster.
- In a wok with a steamer rack or in a steamer pot, bring 6 cups of water to a boil over high heat.
- Place the dish on the steamer rack, cover and steam the oysters until plumped and opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Do not overcook or the oysters will be tough. Sprinkle the red pepper and scallion on top. Place 2 oysters on each of 6 serving plates. Serve hot.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer