- 2 c Carrots- chopped
- 1 c Green pepper- chopped
- 1 c Cauliflower- florets, cut i
- 1 c Mushrooms- quartered
- 1/2 c Celery- chopped
- 2 Tomatoes- chopped and seeded
- 1 c Black olives- sliced
- 1/2 c Onions- small, pickled, cho
- 1/2 c Artichoke hearts- jar of ma
- 1 c Tomato sauce- or 8 oz can
- 3/4 c Ketchup
- 3 t Oil- olive
- In large saucepan, bring carrots, peppers, cauliflower, mushrooms, pickles, celery, black olives, onions, artichoke hearts, tomato sauce, ketchup and olive oil to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered 20 to 30 minutes till carrots are tender crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Drain tuna, add to vegetable mixture, and simmer for 5 minutes longer, letting tuna break up into smaller pieces.
- Transfer to serving containers. Keeps 1 week in fridge, up to 3 months in freezer. Best made in late summer with locally grown vegetables. Wonderful on toasted french bread or as a spread on crackers.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer