CORN STICKS (SURULLITOS)
- 1 1/2 c Water
- 1 c Yellow cornmeal
- 1 x Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1 c Freshly grated Edam
- 1 x Gouda, or cheddar cheese
- Combine the water and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour in cornmeal slowly but steadily, and stir until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Mix well and cool.
- Heat about 1/3 cup vegetable oil in a large, heavy skillet.
- Take small portions and shape into sticks 3 inches long and about 1 inch in diameter. Drop in the hot oil and fry until golden brown all around. Drain on paper towel cover to keep warm.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer