- 1 lb Chicken Livers
- 8 oz Water Chestnuts, Drained
- 12 Bacon Strips
- 1/4 c Soy Sauce
- 1/2 ts Ginger, Powdered
- 1/2 ts Chinese 5-Spice Powder, OR
- 1/2 ts Curry Powder
- Cut the chicken livers in half or into large chunks.
- Cut the largest chestnuts in half.
- Cut the bacon strips in half, crosswise.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around pieces of liver and chestnuts, securing the ends with a toothpick.
- Place in a shallow pie plate as you make them.
- Combine the soy sauce with spices and pour over the rumaki, refrigerate about 1/2 hour before serving. Preheat the grill or broiler and broil the rumaki until the bacon is crisp, about 20 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Serve hot.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer