Spicy Chicken, Eggplant & Red Onion Quesadillas - Mesa Grill
- 1/4 c Water
- 2 T Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Jalepeno chili, sliced
- 1 T Fresh lime jiuce
- 1 T Olive oil
- 8 oz Chicken tenders
- 4 Slices red onion, 1/4" thick
- 4 Slices eggplant, crosswise,
- --1/4" thick
- Vegetable oil
- 8 Flour tortillas, 6" diameter
- 1/2 c Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 c Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Sour cream
- Combine 1/4 c water, cliantro, sliced jalapeno, lime juice and olive oil in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in shallow baking dish.
- Pour marinade over, coating completely.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade.
- Broil chicken until cooked through, about 3 mintues per side.
- Set chicken aside.
- Lightly brush both sides of onion and eggplant slices with vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Broil vegetables until tender and golden, about 2 mintues per side.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Lightly brush 4 tortillas with vegetable oil.
- Place tortillas, oil side down, on baking sheet.
- Combine grated cheeses in small bowl.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese mixture over each tortilla.
- Place chicken atop cheese, dividing equally.
- Place 1 onion slice and 1 egglpant slice atop each.
- Top each eggplant slice with 1 tortilla. Lightly brish tops of tortillas with oil. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Bake quesadillas until tortillas are slighlty crisp and ch
This page is made by Pascal Meijer