Andouille in Comforting Barbecue Sauce
- 4 c Onions, finely chopped
- 1 c Celery, finely chopped
- 1 c Bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 c Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 c Peanut oil
- 1 T Garlic, finely chopped
- 3 c Steak sauce
- 1/2 c Louisiana hot sauce OR
- 3 c Ketchup
- 2 T Cayenne pepper
- 3 t Salt, to taste
- 1 c Southern Comfort Liquor
- 1 lb Andouille sausage
- Saute onions, celery, bell pepper, and parsley in peanut oil until the onions are clear or tender.
- Add garlic and cook a little longer.
- Add steak sauce, hot sauce, and ketchup.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add Southern Comfort.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook for 2 to 3 hours.
- Makes about 3/4 gallon.
- This will keep in the refrigerator for weeks.
- Slice 1 lb.
- andouille or smoked sausage 1/4 inch thick and combine with 1 cup sauce.
- Heat well on stove or in a chafing dish.
- Serve with small pieces of French bread or use teethpicks to spear andouille.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer