- 1 x Whole Heads Of Garlic
- 1 x Toasted Rounds French Bread
- 1 x Softened Sweet Butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove the papery outer covering of whole garlic head, but do not seperate the cloves or peel them.
- Place as many whole heads of garlic on a large square of heavy-duty aluminum foil as there are people to be served.
- Fold up foil so that the cloves are completely wrapped.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Serve each diner a head of garlic and some bread and butter.
- Separate cloves.
- Hold a clove over a piece of buttered bread and squeeze.
- The garlic puree will pop out, like toothpaste from a tube.
- Spread and eat.
- GARLIC PUREE: To make a batch of Garlic Puree for later use, let roasted heads of garlic cool, unwarapped for at least 5 minutes.
- Gently separate the cloves and squeeze each one over a fine meshed sieve, so that the softened garlic pops into the sieve.
- With wooden spatula or wooden spoon, rub garlic through the sieve into a small container or bowl.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate the puree if needed.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer