- 3 T Butter
- 1 ea Large onion, chopped
- 1/3 c Diced sweet red pepper
- 2 ea Cloves garlic minced
- 7 c Sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/2 t Pepper
- 1/2 t Thyme
- 2 t Lemon juice
- 1/2 c Diced black forest ham
- 1/2 c Shredded mossarella cheese
- 1/4 c Minced fresh parsley
- 2 T Fine bread crumbs
- 8 ea Sheets phyllo pastry
- 1/3 c Melted clarified butter
- 2 t Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c Grated parmesan cheese
- In large frying pan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Cook onion, red pepper and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, increase heat to medium high and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are tender and all moisture has evaporated.
- Season with salt, pepper, thyme and lemon juice.
- Remove from heat, stir in ham, mozzarella cheese, parsley and breadcrumbs.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Let cool.
- Divide mushroom filling in two portions.
- Brush 4 sheets of phyllo pastry lightly with melted butter, stack neatly one on top of the other.
- About 1 inch from one long edge of phyllo pastry, spread half of mustard in a 2 inch wide strip, leaving a 1 inch border on both sides.
- Over mustard, spread half of the mushroom filling.
- Dust filling and phyllo pastry with half the parmesan cheese.
- Turn up bottom edge of pastry over mushroom filling, turn both side edges in the brush this exposed phyllo pastry on bottom and edges with butter.
- Roll up, jelly roll fashion, loosely but compactly.
- Place, seam down, on baking sheet.
- Repeat with remai
This page is made by Pascal Meijer