- 1 c All purpose flour
- 1 c Water
- 1 t Baking powder
- 1 ea Egg beaten
- 1 ea Pinch of salt
- 4 ea Ripe bananas peeled halved
- 1/2 c 10% cream
- 1 c Brown sugar
- 1 T Butter
- 2 T Dark rum
- Mix the flour, water, baking powder, egg and salt and let sit for about 20 minutes.
- This is your batter.
- Dip the banana halves in the batter and deep fry in vegetable oil at 325 degrees F for about 5 minutes or until the batter is golden brown.
- Remove the bananas from the oil and allow to drain.
- Meanwhile mix the cream, brown sugar and butter together in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat until the sugar has dissoved.
- Add the rum and be sure the sauce doesn`t boil.
- Place some vanilla ice cream on a plate.
- Place a banana over the ice cream and pour a generous amount of rum sauce over the dessert.
- Serve while the banana is still hot.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer