Thai Spicy Noodles
- 8 oz Thai rice noodles (banh pho)
- 4 T Fish sauce (or soya sauce)
- 4 T Lime juice (lemon juice)
- 4 T Tomoto puree
- 4 T Sugar
- 1 T Hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c Ground peanuts
- 1/2 c Vegetable oil
- 4 ea Cloves of garlic minced
- 1 lb Chicken cut in small pieces
- 1 ea Large tofu cut in chunks
- 8 ea Very large tiger shrimp
- 4 ea Eggs lightly beaten
- 4 c Bean srouts
- 4 ea Scallions, cut 1/2 in pieces
- Ground peanuts for garnish, lemon wedges, cucumber slices and chopped coriander.
- Soak rice noodles in cold water for two to three hours and drain just before use (or partially cook any other type of thin noodles and allow to cool.
- Mix together fish sauce, lime juice, tomato puree, sugar and red pepper flakes, set aside.
- Grind peanuts in food processor (at least half-cup, plus some extra for garnish).
- Prepare and assemble all other ingredients.
- In large wok over high heat, brown the garlic in oil.
- Add chicken, tofu and shrimp, and saute until lightly browned.
- Add eggs and continue to stir fry.
- Add drained rice noodles and dish sauce mixture, continue to stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add peanuts, bean sprouts and scallions, and continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more ground peanuts.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges, cucumber slices and corriander.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer