RED AND YELLOW PEPPER TART
- 1 Recipe Savory Tart Dough
- 3 md Bell pepper
- 2 lg -Bell peppers- mixed
- -colors, but preferably
- -Red and Yellow
- 4 tb Olive oil
- 1 sm Red onion- quartered,
- -sliced thinly crosswise
- 2 Garlic cloves- minced
- 1/4 c Water or white wine
- 1 c Basil leaves, loosely packed
- - and roughly chopped
- 2 tb Parmesan or Romano cheese
- - (grated)
- 2 Whole eggs- plus
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 1/2 c Light cream
- 1 c Provolone cheese, grated
- 20 Black Nicoise olives, pitted
- PREPARE THE TART DOUGH.
- If you are using unyeasted crust, partially prebake it.
- Halve the peppers lengthwise, remove the seeds and veins, then halve them crosswise and slice very thinly.
- Warm 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a wide pan, add the peppers, onion, half the garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Saute over medium-high heat for several minutes, then lower the heat, add the water or white wine, cover and stew until the peppers and onion are very soft and sweet.
- If the peppers and onion threaten to stick as the sugars are released, add additional small amounts of water or wine.
- Taste for salt, and season with freshly ground black pepper when the peppers and onion are finished cooking.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a blender jar with the remaining garlic and a few of the basil leaves and puree.
- Gradually add the rest of the basil leaves, using more oil if necessary.
- Scrape the puree out of the jar, stir in the Parmesan or Romano cheese and season with salt.
- If using the yeasted tart dough, prepare t
This page is made by Pascal Meijer