- 3 sl French or Italian bread--OR-
- 2 md -Potatoes, boiled & peeled
- 5 oz Tarama (fish roe)
- 1 c Olive oil
- 1 Lemon`s juice (or more)
- 2 tb Vinegar
- 1 tb Water (more if necessary)
- 1/2 Onion, (optional)- grated
- Soak the tarama in warm water a few minutes, then rinse and drain.
- If using bread slices, discard crusts, soak bread in water, then squeeze dry.
- Using an electric blender or electric mixer (or old-fashioned mortar and pestle), thoroughly blend the bread or potatoes and the tarama.
- Add the olive oil as slowly as possible, blending at medium speed, plus a little water if the mixture forms peaks.
- Add the grated onion, if desired, then whip at high speed for a few minutes.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer