GLAZED ALMOND BRIE
- 1 3/4 oz Wheel imported Brie cheese
- - well chilled
- 2 tb Confectioners` sugar
- 1/2 c Sliced unblanched almonds
- Red & green seedless grapes
- - in clusters, for garnish
- WITH A SMALL, flexible knife, cut away rind from top of chilled cheese.
- Be careful not to remove or split the rind on the sides.
- It will form a wall for the melted cheese.
- Sift 1 tablespoon of confectioners` sugar evenly over the surface and arrange almonds on top, pressing gently into place.
- The cheese can be prepared to this point as many as 2 days in advance.
- Cover loosely with foil and refrigerate.
- Bring to room temperature before heating, place rack 6 inches from heat source and preheat the broiler.
- Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil, place cheese on it and sift 1 tablespoon of confectioners` sugar over nuts.
- Broil cheese until top is evenly browned--about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Rotate cheese, if necessary, for even browning.
- Watch carefully so it does not burn.
- Use foil to lift cheese and transfer it to serving platter.
- Tear foil and gently remove it.
- Garnish with clusters of grapes.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer