- 1 lb Puff pastry
- 3/4 c Parmesan cheese, imported
- Roll out puff pastry dough into a rectangle 20 x 24 inches.
- Sprinkle half of the Parmesan evenly over the dough and gently press cheese into the dough with the rolling pin.
- Fold the dough in half crosswise, roll it out again 20 x 24 inches, and sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Using a sharp thin knife, cut the dough into 1/3-inch strips.
- Take each strip by its ends and twist until evenly corkscrewed.
- Lay the twists of dough on an ungreased baking sheet, arranging so that they are just touching each other, this will prevent untwisting.
- Set the baking sheet in the middle of a preheated 350øF.
- oven and bake until the straws are crisp, puffed and brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool for 5 minutes, then cut apart with a sharp knife.
- Finish cooling the straws on a rack, then store them in an airtight tin or plastic bag until serving time.
- They stay fresh for about 1 week.
- =The Silver Palate Cookbook=
This page is made by Pascal Meijer