- 1/2 lb Ground Pork
- 1 ts Soy Sauce
- 1 ts Dry Sherry
- 1/2 ts Garlic Salt
- 2 tb Vegetable Oil
- 3 c Fresh Bean Sprouts
- 1/2 c Sliced Onion
- 1 tb Soy Sauce
- 1 tb Cornstarch
- 3/4 c Water, Divided
- 8 Sheets Egg Roll Skins
- 1/2 c Prepared Biscuit Mix
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- Vegetable Oil For Frying
- Hot Mustard
- Tomato Catsup
- Soy Sauce
- Combine pork, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, sherry and garlic salt, mix well.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in hot wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork mixture in hot oil.
- Add bean sprouts, onion and 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- Stir-fry until vegetables are tender-crisp, drain and cool.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup water.
- Place about 1/3 cupful pork mixture on lower half of egg roll skin.
- Moisten left and right edges withcornstarch mixture.
- Fold bottom edge up to just cover filling.
- Fold left and right edges 1/2 inch over, roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- Moisten top egde with cornstarch mixture and seal.
- Complete all rolls.
- Combine biscuit mix, egg and remaining 1/2 cup water in small bowl, dip each roll in batter.
- Heat oil for frying in wok or large saucepan over medium-high heat to 370oF.
- Deep fry rolls, a few at a time, in hot oil 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown, turning often.
- Drain on paper towwels.
- Slice each roll into 4 pieces.
- Serve with hot mustard, catsup and soy sauce as desired.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer