Chinese: Steamed Translucent Dumpling - Fun Gwau
- 6 Dried Chinese black
- 6 oz Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 ts Salt
- 1 1/2 tb Peanut oil
- 6 oz Ground pork butt
- 1/4 c Finely diced bamboo shoots
- 1/4 c Finely diced water
- -chestnuts, preferably fresh
- 2 Green onions, chopped
- 2 ts Sugar
- 1/4 ts White pepper
- 1 tb Shao Hsing rice wine or dry
- 1 1/2 ts Light soy sauce
- 2 ts Cornstarch
- 2 tb Chicken stock
- 2 tb Coarsely chopped fresh
- -coriander leaves
- These dumplings make great finger food for a cocktail party.
- They can be prepared entirely in advance and reheated a few minutes before serving.
- The wheat starch wrappers have an interesting chewy texture, a unique translucent appearance and are absorbent of flavors.
- Roll out the wrappers as thin as possible, otherwise they come out rubbery.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer