- 1 Envelope yeast
- 1 1/4 c Warm water
- 1 ts Sugar
- 2 ts Salt
- 4 c Flour (plus extra)
- Butter as needed
- 4 ts Soda
- Coarse salt for sprinkling
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/4 c of the water.
- Then stir in an additional cup of warm water, and the sugar.
- Pour the yeast mixture into a bowl and add the salt.
- Beat in the flour to make a stiff dough.
- Knead it for 10 min or until the dough is elastic.
- Place in a bowl and spread it with butter.
- Cover it and let it rise for 45 min or until double in size.
- Shape the dough into sticks or twists.
- Make it 1/2 the thickness of the desired finished pretzel.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer