Grilled Garden Pizza
- 2/3 c Warm water
- 1 tb Olive oil
- 1 1/3 c All-purpose flour
- 1/4 c Romano cheese
- 1/2 c Red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 2 c Plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 pk Active dry yeast
- 2 ts Sugar
- 3/4 c Quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 c Green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 c Chopped fresh basil or
- 4 ts Dried basil
- 1 1/2 c Shredded part-skim mozarell
- Combine first 4 ingredients, let stand 10 minutes or until foamy.
- In mixer bowl, combine flour and uncooked oats.
- On low speed of electric mixer, gradually add yeast mixture, mix an additional 2 minutes.
- Knead on floured surface 5 times.
- Place in medium bowl sprayed with no-stick cooking spray, turning once to coat.
- Cover, let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until almost doubled.
- Punch dough down, divide into 4 portions.
- On floured sureface pat each into 6 inch circle.
- Grill over medium hot coals 2 to 4 monites or until bottom is golden brown.
- Remove from grill.
- On browned side, layer remaining ingredients in order listed.
- Return to grill.
- Cover, cook 4 to 6 minutes or until bottom is golden brown and cheese begins to melt.
- To bake in oven: Heat overn to 425 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray or oil lightly.
- Pat each portion or dough into 6-inch circle onto prepared sheet.
- Layer with Romano, 1/2 of mozzarella, bell pepper, onion basil garlic and tomatoes.
- Bake 25 minutes or until crust in golden brown.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer