Cheddar, Sage, and Walnut Torta
- 1/2 lb Cream cheese- softened
- 3 tb Fresh sage leaves, chopped
- Whole sage leaves
- 1/2 lb Sharp cheddar cheese
- -(such as Vermont Cabot)
- -- shredded
- 1 c Walnuts, chopped
- Whole walnut halves
- Place the cream cheese in a food processor with the chopped sage leaves.
- Line a 2-cup mold with a double thickness of cheesecloth.
- Arrange the whole sage leaves in a decorative pattern on the bottom of the mold.
- Add half the cream cheese mixture, then add shredded cheddar, smoothing out the layer and pressing it slightly.
- Add the walnuts, again pressing gently.
- Smooth the remaining cream cheese mixture over the walnuts.
- Fold the ends of the cheesecloth over the top of the torta mixture and press lightly.
- Refrigerate the mold overnight.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer