- 2 Ckes tofu, firm
- 3 tb Tamari
- 3/4 c Water
- 1/4 ts Five-spice powder
- 2 Whole stars of star anise
- 1 ts Molasses
- Cut each cake of tofu in half horizontally.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a pot wide enough to accept the four tofu pieces in a single layer.
- Bring marinade to a boil & add tofu.
- Simmer, uncovered, on very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat & marinate for 3 hours, turning 2 or 3 times.
- Keeps refrigerated & wrapped for a week.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer