Oktapodi Maratho Krasato (Octopus And Fennel In Wine)
- 1 md Octopus
- 1 md Onion- chopped- *OR*
- 5 (scallions- chopped)
- 1/3 c Olive oil
- 1 c Dry red wine
- 1 bn Fennel- chopped
- 4 Tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- - peeled, seeded & chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Beat, pound and rub the octopus from 20 to 30 minutes on a rough stone surface.
- The octopus will feel softer and will secrete a grayish liquid after pounding.
- Wash thoroughly, then drain and cook in a covered pan without adding water until the octopus turns bright pink-red and feels tender.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into rounds the width of a small finger.
- Heat the oil in a tsikali or any pot, add the onion, and cook until translucent and soft.
- Add the round octopus slices to the onion and pour in the wine, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put the fennel and tomatoes on top of the octopus, season with salt and pepper to taste, and give the pot a good shake to mix.
- Cover and simmer until the octopus is fork-tender (approximately 45 to 50 minutes).
- Serve warm or cold.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer