Spicy Squid In Wine, Cyprus Style
- 1 lb Small squid
- 1/4 c Olive oil or corn oil
- 3 Onions- peeled, sliced
- 1/4 c Vinegar
- 1/2 c Dry red wine
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 4 Whole cloves
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Wash and clean the squid, separating the outer sacs from the heads and tentacles, removing and discarding the translucent cartilage, and small sand bag and ink.
- Rub salt on the outer sacs and rinse them inside and out with cold water.
- Rinse head and tentacles thoroughly.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer