PLUM TOMATO TART
- 1 lg Egg white
- 3 T Olive oil
- 6 Phyllo dough sheets (14x18")
- 5 t Breadcrumbs- dry
- 1/3 c Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c Parmesan cheese- freshly
- 1 lb Plum tomatoes (about 8)
- 2 T Parsley- fresh (chopped)
- 1 t Thyme- fresh, or 1/2 t drie
- Set oven rack on the upper level, preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper In a small bowl, whisk together the egg white and 2 Tbsp.
- olive oil.
- Lay a sheet of phyllo on the prepared baking sheet, and with a pastry brush, lightly coat the surface with the egg-white mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp.
- Repeat this step, layering 4 more sheets of phyllo on top and brush with egg-white mixture.
- To form an edge to the tart, carefully roll over the edges toward the center, using the blade of a knife to help you get started.
- With a rubber spatula, spread mustard over the surface of the dough and sprinkle with cheese.
- (The tart can be prepared ahead to this point.
- Wrap and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Do not thaw before continuing.
- ) Arrange tomato slices on top in 5 rows of 8 slices each.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 Tbsp.
- olive oil, parsley, garlic and thyme.
- With you
This page is made by Pascal Meijer