Kasseri, Tomato and Basil Cresents (Kasseropites)
- 1/2 c -Warm water
- 1/4 c Olive oil
- 1/4 c Red wine vinegar
- 1 Egg
- 1 ts Salt
- 3 c All-purpose flour- (sifted)
- 1 lb Kasseri cheese
- -- coarsely grated
- 2 lg Tomatoes- chopped
- 1/4 c Chopped fresh basil
- Blend water, oil, vinegar, egg and salt in large bowl.
- Gradually stir in enough flour so dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into round.
- Grease bowl.
- Add dough, turning to coat surface.
- Cover with damp towel and let stand in warm draft-free area 30 minutes.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer