Potato Tatin with Brie and Prosciutto
- 4 tb Butter
- 4 Shallots- chopped fine
- 1/2 c White wine
- 1/2 c Cream
- 3 lb Potatoes- peeled/sliced thin
- 5 Cl Garlic- halved
- Bouquet garni: rosemary, thy
- pn Nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground pepp
- 6 sl Prosciutto- paper thin
- 1/2 lb Wisconsin brie- sliced
- 6 3-inch discs of puff pastry
- Heat butter and saute shallots.
- Add wine and reduce by half.
- Add cream, potatoes, garlic, bouquet garni, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Place several potato slices into bottom of 6 3- inch molds* in circular petal formation.
- Add layers of prosciutto, Brie and remaining potatoes.
- Top with pastry.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 450- degrees until potatoes are done and pastry is dark gold.
- Turn tatin out onto plate and garnish as desired.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer