Filo Mushroom Pies
- 1 pk Filo pastry sheets
- 3/4 lb Flat mushrooms (w/o stalks)
- 1/2 lb Onions
- 7 oz Feta cheese
- 2 ts Whole cumin
- 2 ts Coriander seeds
- - toasted & lightly crushed
- Butter or oil
- 2 sm Eggs
- Chop the onion finely and soften it in a little butter or oil, then fry hard until frazzled.
- Remove and reserve.
- Dice the mushrooms and fry them in the fat remaining in the pan, stir and turn them as necessary to drive off most of their moisture and to concentrate flavour.
- Mix the two vegetables together and season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cumin, coriander and grated cheese.
- When cool bind with the beaten eggs.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer