Nutcracker Sweets *
- 4 c Popped popcorn
- 2/3 c Pecan halves
- 1/3 c Unblanched whole almonds
- 2 tb Butter- melted
- 1/8 ts Salt
- 2/3 c Sugar
- 1/2 c Butter
- 1/4 c Light corn syrup
- 1/2 ts Vanilla
- Lightly butter jelly-roll pan.
- In large bowl, combine popcorn, pecans, almonds and melted butter.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Spread in buttered pan.
- In medium heavy saucepan, combine sugar, 1/2 cup butter and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling 5-10 minutes or until mixture turns a light caramel color, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Pour over popcorn and nuts.
- Toss to coat.
- Spread out to cool and harden.
- Break apart and store in loosely covered container.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer