Red Bell Pepper and Cheddar Cheese Spread
- 1/2 sm Onion, Quartered
- 3 lg Cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 2 ts Olive Oil
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 1/2 c Tillamook Cheddar Cheese, Or
- Other Sharp Cheddar,
- Grated And Packed To Measure
- ds Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tb Chives, Fresh, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 375øF.
- Place onion and garlic in small baking dish.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Bake until soft, stirring occasionally, about 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, char peppers over gas flame or under broiler until blackened on all sides.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Peel and seed peppers, pat dry.
- Place all ingredients except chives in processor.
- Puree until almost smooth.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Stir in chives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer