- 5 c Cider
- 1/4 c Lemon juice
- 1/4 c Lightly packed brown sugar
- 4 Whole cloves
- 1 1 1/2" piece cinnamon stick
- 1 1 1/2" piece dry ginger root
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Combine the cider, lemon juice and brown sugar in a stainless steel pot.
- Heat the mixture slowly to the simmering point.
- Meanwhile, tie the cloves, cinnamon stick and ginger root together in a piece of cheesecloth.
- Add the bag of spices to the simmering liquid and heat over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove the spice bag.
- Serve hot with a sprinkling of nutmeg in mugs.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer