- 1 ts Finely shredded orange peel
- 1 Inch stick cinnamon, broken
- 1 Whole clove
- 1 Cardamom pod, opened
- 1 3/4 c Sweet red wine
- 1/4 c Whiskey
- 2 ts Raisins
- 1 ts Honey
- 4 Whole, blanched almonds
- For spice bag, tie orange peel, stick cinnamon, whole clove and opened cardamom pod in cheesecloth.
- In a 4-cup measure combine wine, whiskey, raisins, honey and spice bag.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 50% power about 6 minutes or till heated through, but not boiling.
- If desired, cover and let stand at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours to develop more flavor.
- If wine wine mixture is allowed to stand, micro-cook, uncovered on 50% power about 6 minutes more or till heated through, but not boiling.
- Remove spice bag.
- Serve in mugs.
- Add some almonds to each mug.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer