- 1 lb Apricot, dried
- 6 1/2 c Sugar
- 1 1/2 c Raisins
- 2 Lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c Yeast
- 4 qt Water, warm
- 2 1/4 c Brown sugar
- 1 tb Ginger
- 2 Orange, thinly sliced
- Wash the apricots in several waters and then dry them and cut in halves.
- Place in a large crock and pour on the warm water, reserving 1/2 cup of it in which to dissolve the yeast cake.
- Stir in the sugars, fruit, raisins and ginger.
- Then add the dissolved yeast and mix well.
- Cover with top of the crock and let stand for thirty days, stirring the mixture every other day.
- After thirty days strain the mixture and bottle.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer