Cafe de Olla (Mexican Spiced Coffee)
- 3/4 c Brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 x Cloves
- 6 x Julienne slices orange zest
- 3 x Cinnamon sticks
- 6 tb Coffee (NOT instant)
- In a large saucepan, heat 6 cups of water with the brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, and cloves over moderately high heat until the mixture is hot, but do not let it boil.
- Add the coffee, bring the mixture to a boil, and boil it, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Strain the coffee through a fine sieve and serve in coffee cups with the orange zest.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer