Oranges in Liqueur and Candied Peel
- 10 large oranges
- Grand Marnier Liqueur
- Candied Peel:
- Peel of 4 oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Peel oranges, removing all white membrane.
- Divide into sections.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Just before serving, drain off juice and pour Grand Marnier over sections.
- Scatter with candied orange peel and serve.
- To make candied orange peel: (Can be made the day before).
- Remove peel from 4 oranges in lengthwise sections.
- Cover with cold water and cook slowly until soft.
- Remove membrane and cut peel into thin strips with scissors.
- Put sugar, water and peel in pan and cook slowly until clear.
- Cool on plate and roll in granulated sugar.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer