Armenian Potato Salad with Red Onions and Green Pepper
- 3 lb Red-skinned potatoes
- 1 md Red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 Green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tb Minced fresh parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 c Olive oil
- salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes in their jackets until barely tender.
- Cool enough to handle, cut into generous bite-size pieces while still warm.
- Place potatoes in a large salad bowl along with onion rings and green pepper, mix well.
- Add parsley and lemon juice, carefully toss again.
- Dribble oil over the vegetables and season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, toss and set aside for several hours for salad ingredients to mellow.
- If refrigerated, bring to room temperature before serving.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer