TROPICAL SWEET POTATO SALAD
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 can (20-oz) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. grated orange rind
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- Salt, if desired
- In saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in boiling water 8-10 minutes just until tender.
- Do not overcook.
- Toss with lemon juice.
- Combine sweet potato, celery, onion, pineapple and pecans.
- In small bowl, conbine mayonnaise, orange rind and juice, honey, ginger nutmeg and salt.
- Toss gently with sweet potato to mix.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer