COLD BEAN TRIO SALAD
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 10-ounce package frozen lima beans, thawed
- 2 medium carrots, thinly bias-sliced (1 cup)
- 2 small fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper, set aside.
- In a large self- sealing plastic bag set in a deep bowl combine garbanzo beans, white beans, lima beans, carrots, peppers, and cilantro.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture.
- Close bag.
- Marinate in he refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Transfer to a bowl to serve
This page is made by Pascal Meijer