Artichoke and Shrimp Pasta Salad
- 1/2 pound medium shells or farfalle pasta
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 pound frozen shrimp
- A few leaves oregano, chopped, or 1/4 teaspoon dry
- 1 garlic clove, peeled an finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil.
- Cook shrimp following instructions on package.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Defrost and steam artichoke hearts.
- Drain well and place on paper towels.
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Drain very well.
- Place in large serving bowl and drizzle with a little olive oil and toss.
- Prepare the garlic and the oregano or use parsley, if you prefer, while the pasta cooks.
- Add remaining olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano salt and lots of black pepper.
- Mix well, cover with plastic wrap or place in a sealed container and refrigerate for a couple of hours or for a day.
- When ready to serve, place in a serving bowl, toss well.
- Check for seasoning, adding salt or pepper if need be and garnish with a few leaves of oregano or parsley.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer