Garlicky Pesto Pasta Salad
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup raw pine nuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1/2 pound ripe cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Freshly ground coarse black pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped basil to taste
- In a food processor, combine the packed basil, garlic, raw pine nuts and oil and puree until a uniform sauce results.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl and stir in the grated cheese.
- Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the orzo until tender.
- Drain well, rinse, drain again and place in a large bowl.
- Toss with a couple of tablespoons of the reserved pesto dressing, or more to taste.
- Reserve any leftover pesto for another use.
- To serve, add the tomatoes and toasted pine nuts to the salad, toss with more pesto dressing and black pepper to taste, and scatter with fresh basil.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer