Layered Chicken Salad
- 4 to 5 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts (8 oz) drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 pound fresh pea pods, halved
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 t. curry powder
- 1/2 t. ground ginger
- Cherry tomatoes and fresh parsley sprigs for garnish, optional
- Place lettuce in the bottom of a 4 quart glass salad bowl.
- Layer with cucumber, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, onions, pea pods and chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, curry and ginger.
- Spread over top of salad.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and parsley if desired.
- Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer