- 5 Tablespoons Mayonnaise, (heaping)
- 1 Teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Yellow mustard (heaping)
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Wine vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lea & Perrins
- 1 Each Juice of medium-sized lemon
- 3 Teaspoons Salt (to taste)
- 4 Each Bell peppers, sliced
- 2 Each Onions, medium, shredded
- 1 Each Large cabbage, shredded
- Put mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl large enough to hold complete mixture, but shaped so that the mixture can be beaten with a fork.
- Beat mayonnaise and mustard until combined.
- Add olive oil slowly, beating all the time.
- Beat until mixture has returned to the thickness of original mayonnaise.
- Add Louisiana hot sauce, continuing to beat.
- Add ketchup and keep beating.
- Add salt and garlic salt, beating all the time.
- Add wine vinegar (this will thin the sauce down).
- Beat this thoroughly, adding the lemon juice as you do so.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Place shredded cabbage, peppers, and onions in a large salad bowl.
- pour sauce over and toss well.
- This should be done about an hour before serving.
- Tastes even better the next day.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer