Grilled Chicken Salad - Daley
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic -- peeled and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper -- ground
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 8 ounces chicken breast halves without skin
- 1 red onion -- trimmed and sliced
- light vegetable cooking oil
- 1 pound mixed salad greens -- = 6 cups
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese -- crumbled
- 1 medium tomatoes -- cored and wedged
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic -- peeled
- 2 teaspoons basil
- Whisk together thoroughly the lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, black pepper, and basil in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the chicken on a sheet of plastic wrap spread on a work surface and cover it with a second sheet.
- Pound gently with a mallet.
- Lift the top sheet of plastic, flip the pieces of chicken over and re-cover.
- Evenly pound the second side to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Transfer the chicken to the marinade bowl and cover.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- Place the onion rounds in a single layer on a baking sheet and spray lightly with the vegetable oil, turn them over and spray to coat the other side.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place alongside the onion rings.
- Grill or broil the onion rounds and the chicken for 5 minutes per side.
- Let the chicken cool a bit, then slice thinly.
- Spread an even amount of the mixed greens on 4 salad plates, scatter the onion rounds and then the sliced chicken on top.
- Sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon blue cheese over each.
- Garnish with the tomato wedges.
- Combine the dressing ingredients (lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and basil) in a blender and mix at low speed until the garlic is finely chopped.
- Spoon dressing onto the salads or serve it on the side.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer