Italian Style Eggplant & Pepper Salad
- 1 lg Eggplant
- 2 lg Bell peppers -- red or green
- 2 lg Celery stalks
- Olive oil for sauteeing
- 2 each Garlic cloves -- minced
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup Black olives -- chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place whole eggplant, unpeeled, on a rack in oven.
- Wrap the two peppers & celery stalks individually in aluminum foil & place them on rack as well.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove peppers & celery & let cool.
- Bake eggplant for another 15 minutes.
- It should be very tender & have collapsed.
- When vegetables are cool enough to handle, peel eggplant, cut into several pieces & drain in a colnder for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze out some of the excess moisture.
- Chop peppers, removing stems & seeds.
- Leave in large pieces.
- Chop celery into 1/2" pieces.
- Dice eggplant & combnie with peppers & celery in a large bowl.
- Heat a few drops of olive oil in a skillet & saute the garlic till golden.
- Add to hte bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients & mix thoroughly.
- Cover & let stand for 1 hour at room temperature before serving.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer