Kalter Kartoffelsalat (Cold Potato Salad)
- 6 Ea Potatoes -- Large *
- -- Boiling Water
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Ea Onion- Medium -- Minced
- 3 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard -- Prepared
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 2 Tsp Dillseed
- * Potatoes should be peeled and quartered.
- In medium saucepan cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of potato water.
- Dice potatoes.
- Add oil and minced onion, toss gently.
- In small saucepan bring the 3/4 cup potato water to a boil, pour over potatoes and onion.
- Keep at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in vinegar, mustard, sugar, and dillseed.
- Potato salad will be creamy.
- Serve at room temperature.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer