MADAME WU'S CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD
- 2 Whole chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- Oil for deep frying in wok
- 1 teaspoon Five Spice Powder*
- 12 Squares won ton skins -- slice
- 1/2 cup Sliced green onion (1 bunch)
- 2 ounce Rice noodles
- 1/4 cup Chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1 Head lettuce -- shredded
- 1 tablespoon Prepared mustard
- Steam chicken breasts or cook in micro until barely done, skin, bone and shred (this is easy if you used 2 forks).
- In medium sized bowl, mix soy sauce, mustard, oil and Five Spice Powder (available in Asian food sections of most super markets - at least in California) and green onions, marinade chicken in this sauce, covered.
- Heat oil VERY hot (drop a piece of won ton skin in - if it floats right back up, oil is hot enough).
- Fry won ton skins until just beginning to turn golden, remove with slotted spoon to drain on paper towels (they will continue to brown when removed from heat).
- Fry noodles, a very few at a time, in hot oil - they will puff up almost immediately.
- Remove and drain immediately (they will be white).
- When ready to eat, slice lettuce (reserve some whole leaves to garnish bowl) thinly, add chicken and marinade, fried won ton skins and fried noodles (crumble a little as you add them), and almonds.
- Serve from large bowl ringed with whole lettuce leaves.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer