MELITZANOSALATA (EGGPLANT SALAD)
- 2 large Eggplants (or 3)
- 1 Onion -- finely grated
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 cup Olive oil -- or more as needed
- Wash the eggplants and put into a pan (or wrap in foil) and bake until soft.
- Put the onions into cold water to soak and remove some of the strength.
- Remove the skins from the cooked eggplant and mash the pulp thoroughly.
- Drain the onion well and add to the eggplant.
- Add salt and pepper, and beat.
- Add lemon or vinegar alternately with the oil, and beating all the while, until you have a thick mixture.
- Serve in a bowl or as a side dish.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer