- 2/3 cup Water
- 5 tablespoon Butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 cup All-purpose flour
- 3 each Eggs
- 3/4 cup Shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Small spinach leaves
- 8 each Cherry tomatoes
- -----EGG-VEGETABLE SALAD-----
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 cup Raw cauliflower -- sliced
- 1/4 pound Raw mushrooms -- thinly sliced
- 1 cup Frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 cup Celery -- thinly sliced
- 2 each Green onions & tops -- sliced
- 6 each Hard-cooked eggs
- In a 2-quart pan, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil.
- When butter melts, remove pan from heat and add flour all at once.
- Beat until well blended.
- Return pan to medium heat and stir rapidly for 1 minute or until a ball forms in middle of pan and a film forms on bottom of pan.
- Remove pan from heat and beat in eggs, one at a time, until mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Add cheese and beat until well mixed.
- Spoon into a greased 9-inch round pan with removable bottom or spring-release sides.
- Spread evenly over bottom and up sides of pan.
- Bake crust in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes or until puffed and brown, turn off oven.
- With a wooden pick, prick crust in 10 to 12 places, leave in closed oven for about 10 minutes to dry.
- Remove pan from oven and cool completely.
- Remove crust from pan.
- Prepare egg-vegetable salad.
- In a bowl, stir all ingredients except eggs together as listed.
- Coarsely chop the 6 hard-cooked eggs, gently fold into vegetable mixture.
- Line bottom and sides of boat with spinach leaves.
- Cut each tomato in half.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer